Commercial Personal Property
Strategically located in the middle of the country, Property Valuation Services gives special attention toward understanding the client’s properties from an analytical and accounting perspective, something not offered by your local certified public accountant or general tax consulting firm. PVS’ diverse team of accounting-based staff, CPA’s and finance specialists routinely find savings when working behind/following other consulting and tax firms. Most of our services are performed on a pre-assessment basis, representing the client’s interests on a proactive basis while keeping a positive relationship with the assessor/community.
Are you paying too much for your Personal Property Taxes?
Technology has caught up with nearly every industry. Most companies today either utilize or develop complex, high-tech equipment to bring the best products and/or services to their market. The use of this technology and the products it brings to bare has provided areas of opportunity for both the increase in Assessments by the Assessing Jurisdictions, as well as, the reduction of Assessments by firms who understand the technology and products.
Unlike any other firm, PVS has employed Technology/Product Specialists along with seasoned Tax Professionals. This unique blend has helped us develop exclusive, cost cutting methodologies, with which we have shown our clients substantial savings on their Business Personal Property Taxes.
Full Personal Property Tax Representation Services:
- Assessment-Reduction Services
- Compliance Services
- Assessment and Tax Bill Approval
- Audit Defense
- Tax Budget Assistance
- Appraisal Services
- Depreciation Expense Calculation Services
- Property Tax Research Assistance
PVS provides a thorough evaluation of each property to identify potential reductions:
- Evaluate Past Reporting Methods
- Review asset detail for additions & deletions, as well as ghost, idle and obsolete assets
- Re-life assets
- Verify & remove non-taxable costs
- Articulate the justification of a value reduction to the taxing authorities
- Approve value
- Knowing the State and County statutes for taxation of Personal Property
- Educating of the Jurisdiction on the technology and the asset
- Effectively tracking and evaluating values through our customized tracking and filing system
- Placing entire assets into faster depreciation
- Stripping non-taxable components out of individual assets
- Componentizing individual assets for faster depreciation
Compliance is the most commonly used term for the general reporting of business personal property, to include
- Filing business personal property rendition(s)
- Assessment verification
- Reviewing tax bills for accuracy
- Submitting approvals to pay tax bills
- Project budget numbers for upcoming year
Audit & Appeal
Business personal property taxes are subject to an audit process by the taxing jurisdiction. In addition, taxpayers are at liberty to protest the business personal property assessment through an appeal process. PVS represents our clients in and through this intricate and time consuming process.